My client; a successful test, measurement and control engineering business are looking for a Production Manager to support new contracts. This role will report directly to the engineering director and forms a key part of the team.
- The successful candidate will be tasked with accepting documentation packs and works orders, planning materials and allocating resources to build bespoke test systems within time and cost constraints.
- This will involve managing and working alongside the production team building sub assembly such as PCB’s Cable Harnesses, Control Panels, 19” Racking systems and more.
- This important role will provide an opportunity to improve and develop existing processes whilst working on a wide range of bespoke products enabling their customers to benefit from their high-quality engineered solutions.
Skills + Experience
- Candidates must have a history of success in relevant production roles, be self-motivated and have a passion for engineering and delivering projects on time.
- Good IT skills, to include high competency in using Microsoft project, excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience of leading a team in a commercial environment, interfacing with management and design teams.
- Proven track record in a production environment
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience of works orders, test plans and inspection procedures
- Some experience of coaching and mentoring staff with the ability to convey instructions and understand concerns and problems within a team.
- Ability to work with design teams to raise and solve problems with an appreciation of longer-term implications.
- Ability to assess and organise resources, and plan and progress work activities to ensure on-time delivery of projects.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Operate effectively with minimal supervision.
- Experience of adapting own skills to new circumstances.
- A good working knowledge in any of the following areas: electrical/electronic build, mechanical build, PCB/Harness Assembly, rack build, machining.