Our client; a leading hygiene manufacturer based in Chesterfield. Due to business demand; they are currently seeking an experience Mechanical Fitter to work with their team
- Ensures that all equipment mechanical maintenance activities are performed in compliance with environmental and safety rules, as well as with in group procedures.
- Takes proactive involvement in H&S
- Completes responsibilities in a safe manner at all times. Provides for the safety and well-being of all personnel within the area of influence.
- Troubleshoot on breakdowns.
- To understand process theory to achieve and maintain a detailed knowledge of asset condition in order to effectively assist with maintenance planning and implementation.
- Provide a schedule for planned shuts in a timely manner
- Provide necessary support to a continuous operation as needed and respond to out of hours calls when required.
- Participates in the development and implementation of condition-based maintenance programmes and precision maintenance techniques.
- Ensures asset maintenance records are kept in accordance with site and legislative requirements. Ability to update drawings and documentation.
- Contributes to, develops and implements effective maintenance procedures ensuring their consistent application.
- Supports the Mechanical team leader in shut planning and daily work planning including documentation and meetings.
- Carry out continuous improvement projects to increase efficiency in conjunction with teams
- Support actions for preventing reoccurrence of equipment failures by root cause analysis and initiating solutions, ensuring asset performance improvements.
- Support energy saving initiatives with the creation and implementation of ESAVE ideas.
- Liaise with shift operators on daily issues and scheduled work.
- Provide hands on support as necessary.
- Liaise with external service contractors on site ensuring the highest levels of Health and Safety as well as quality are maintained.
- Facilitate repairs management which will be required for items and parts to be serviced or repaired.
- Assist with the planning and execution of all engineering work on planned maintenance shuts.
- Maintain the quality of engineering stores operation
- Fault finding, problem solving and root cause analysis
Skills + Experience
- High level of understanding of processes to enable prioritising
- Working knowledge of computerised systems is essential.
- Completed a recognised mechanical engineering apprenticeship preferably with a City & Guilds or equivalent NVQ qualification
- Experience in mechanical maintenance engineering.
- Proven experience in maintaining complex automated manufacturing equipment.