Quality and SHE Engineer
Our client is a global leader in steel products for construction industry. Due to expansion, they are looking for a Quality and SHE Engineer to add value to their growing brand.
You will take an active role in maintaining the QA and SHE functions in the Sheffield factory and offices, maintaining approvals to ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001 and EN1090 via external audits. Where relevant, provide support to ensure that we maintain individual product approvals.
- Maintain and audit the quality, health, safety and environmental management systems in accordance with ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001. Maintain the internal audit schedule for all systems and ensure timely close out of all non-conformances raised.
- Ensure all teams, production processes and products adhere to the appropriate QA standards and SHE systems via active liaison and face to face interaction.
- Engineer in Quality for all production processes through to finished product. Set and maintain the final customer quality shipping standard. Support manufacturing and design problem solving, demonstrating effective root cause analysis to close out quality concerns and sources of error. Take immediate containment actions and provide quick resolution to in process related quality problems and defects.
- Addressing and closing out customer related complaints to prevent recurrence. Monitoring trends in customer complaints to ensure relevant improvements can be established.
- Maintain calibration of all essential checking and measuring equipment on site, ensuring it is fit for purpose and traceable to international calibration standards.
- Actively liaise with the purchasing and goods inwards teams to ensure adequate monitoring of suppliers, quality of incoming raw materials and address raw material non-conformances in timely fashion.
- Assist other members of the team and production front line leaders in day-to-day maintenance of health & safety and environmental management systems including aiding production of risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Assist in the maintenance of EN1090, including maintaining relevant qualifications and procedure approvals for our welders and welded items.
- Assist during third party audits, leading audits where required.
Skills + Experience
- Experience in working in manufacturing sector quality assurance.
- Experience and working knowledge of ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015 and OHSAS18001 / ISO45001.
- Qualification in internal auditing.
- Competent in MS Office suite.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and work cross-functionally to identify issues and implement solutions and improvements.
- Understanding of Lean processes.
- NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent.
- Practical experience of implementing SHE systems, performing risk assessments, producing safe systems of work.