Our client; a world leading expert in the Forge sector; is currently looking for a Project Manager. The main responsibility of the role will be to manage existing and future orders from order placement through to delivery of goods, documentation and final payment.
- To ensure customer requirements are fully understood and implemented in all Project Management, manufacturing (both internal and external) and reporting (including documentation packages) activities.
- Liaise with customer and their representatives on site, as well as internal manufacturing units and external subcontractors regarding all elements of the contract
- Ensure all technical, quality and documentation requirements are being met
- Plan all aspects of the project (creating programmes) and maintain the project execution plan.
- Develop a good understanding of the quality requirements associated with the Client and the Project
- Document preparation and collation for final documentation package, create despatch paperwork such as bills of landing etc. and arrange the physical process of despatch (count, pack, transport etc.)
- Support the Document Controller with the transmittal and receipt of documentation.
- Liaise with all relevant internal departments to ensure both in house and subcontracted manufacture remains in accordance with the required quality and processes.
- Negotiate contracts with subcontractors and complete associated administration tasks.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with third party contracts
- Maintain secure store for third party goods (check goods, stock take, maintain building etc.)
Skills + Experience
- Reading, understanding and interpreting technical engineering drawings with technical and shop floor staff
- Understand the manufacturing and documentation requirements associated with in-house and sub-contract manufacture
- Manage the supply chain (expedite orders, technical queries, deliveries etc.)
- Attend training courses where necessary
- Maintain budget control & financial plans
- Prepare invoices and ensure they are reflected on the invoicing forecast.
- Prepare POs and add the details to E10
- Create enquiries on E10