Adept are excited to be working for a well-established and heavy engineering business based in Sheffield. The business offers design and fabrication services, including welding, machining and material processing, to a multitude of sectors including: nuclear, oil & gas and renewable energy.
My client is embarking on exciting new projects ranging from small batch production to large bespoke components and is looking for a skilled welder / plater to join their team.
· Carry out all required manual-welding processes to the required standard.
· Weld production items to the required design and tolerances.
· Mark out, manufacture and weld together components for weldments as required for tooling and maintenance purposes.
· Maintain a safe and tidy working environment in accordance with company and legislative requirements
· Operate in accordance with the Company Quality Assurance System and help to improve/develop processes
· Work within Company procedures as required including quality, safety and environmental management
Skills + Experience
· Previous experience should include manufacturing industry, preferably in a medium to heavy environment
· Project/jobbing environment with a focus on manual welding working to production schedules
· Awareness of safety legislation and quality procedures (ISO 9001)
· Qualifications in MMA and MAGS welding processes
· Qualified and competent in Plating processes
· Ability to read and work from engineering drawings.