Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Our client; a world class heavy engineering business; is currently looking for a Health, Safety and Environment Manager.
Supporting the company culture of continuous improvement and excellence you will ensure legal compliance for health, safety and environmental matters within the workplace, ensuring implementation, maintenance and monitoring as well as the delivery of the Company’s health and safety strategies and initiatives for site.
- Audits, inspections and incident investigations of the relevant operational area to ensure legal compliance, ensuring these are completed with a thorough and timely approach, including root cause analysis and corrective action close out
- Develop and promote a positive safety culture within relevant operational area through effective coaching, training and engagement activities
- Organising and planning of regular health, safety and environment meetings and effective contribution therein
- Continually keep abreast of industry trends and maintaining good awareness of relevant health and safety practices
- Ensuring objectives and targets for relevant operational area are managed effectively and proactively driven
- Prepare and participate as required with external audits by relevant authorities, customers etc.
- Assist and support in the creation, implementation and review of Risk Assessments, Safe Working Procedures and Method Statements.
- Work collaboratively with other H&S team members to deliver management and employee training on H&S related topics
- Management of contractors including PQQ, induction, monitor and review.
- Communicate and facilitate environmental initiatives proactively
- Assist in responding to environmental incidents in line with Company policy and reporting requirements
- Ensure the relevant operational area has the resource and facilities required for emergency situations
- Permanent 37.5 hours per week Standard Office Hours are: 07:45 - 16:00 however flexibility is essential for the requirements of this position
What can we offer you in return?
- Long established local employer
- Competitive Salary
- 33 days annual leave
- Central location with Free onsite parking
- Matched Pension scheme up to 4% and Life Assurance
- Family Friendly Policies
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- On site Occupational Health Team; Health Screening, well-being focus topics
- Discount Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme & Benevolent Fund
- You at Work Scheme - Access to Online Discounts
- Comprehensive Learning & Development Opportunities
Skills + Experience
Candidates must have:
- Strong communication skills
- NEBOSH Diploma qualification or equivalent
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across the business
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage workload demands and prioritise tasks effectively
- Previous experience in a heavy industry/manufacturing background
- Demonstrable experience of coaching, motivating and engaging both management and employees in Health, Safety and Environment matters
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office package
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Behavioural safety and/or Root Cause analysis training/qualification
- 18001/45001 and experience of audits to this standard
- Strong background in COSHH