Electric Design Engineer
I am currently seeking a Electronics Design Engineer for my client; large engineering company that supply cutting edge test and measurement solutions to some of the worlds leading high tech manufactures
The successful candidate will be tasked with taking engineering requirements from customers and designing bespoke test solutions that are able to me manufactured within time and cost constraints. This will involve the use of both commercial off the shelf components as well as custom designed interfaces. The role will involve the creation of electronic and electrical schematics, layouts, PCB layouts, general assemblies and fault finding to allow the manufacturing team to bring to life your designs. This important role will provide an opportunity to design and engineer a wide range of bespoke products which allows our customers to benefit from our high quality engineered solutions. Candidates must have a history of success in similar roles, be self-motivated and have a passion for engineering and delivering projects on time.
- Experience Designing Test Equipment, automation or control systems.
- Experience of PCB digital and analogue circuit design
- Ability to Create Schematic Drawings and Diagrams.
- Experience of System Test and Fault Finding
- Electronic Design to Manufacturing Level.
- Skilled using PCB design software.
Skills + Experience
- Proven track record of electronic design and engineering.
- Ability to create engineering drawings.
- Ability to create complete PCB designs.
- Sociable style with good drive and dedication.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Motivation and a desire to contribute to a dynamic business.
- Solid ability to work to tight timescales to deliver projects on time.
- Able to interpret customer requirements.
- Able to work within tight budget and timescales.
- Able to create robust designs that can be manufactured.
- Able to self-manage to confidently achieve targets.
- Able to work in a multi skilled design team.
- Previous experience in an electrical design role.
- Skilled using either UtilBoard/Altium or similar package.
- Experience with microcontrollers
- Previous experience of working within one of the following – Aerospace, Defence, Oil & Gas, Automotive or similar industry
- Proven track record of designing bespoke test equipment